Year after year after year, we continue to create lists to live by with the hopes of changing ourselves to be better. Pero honestly, hindi siya madali. Kaya year after year after year, we’re stuck on the same list, the same New Years’ resolutions, and same old selves.
We know it’s hard and alam naming gasgas na ‘yang mga nasa listahan mo, so here are some tips on how to actually make them happen:
1. “Exercise more, lose weight” – “fitness leads to happiness”, “health is wealth”, we’ve all heard that and that’s why palagi ding parte ng list natin ang pagpapapayat. Try enrolling in a fitness program and bring your friends with you para hindi na problema ang lack of motivation.
2. “Stop procrastinating” – If you say you’ll wait for the New Year to do this, you’re already set to fail. To help you, here’s a task: read the next few articles NOW. Not on your next visit, not on the next one after that. Read it now. Hehe.
3. “Spend less time on social media” – Social media sites are becoming more toxic and yet, it’s still hard to stop scrolling down Facebook at 2 in the morning. Even though we feel a great amount of joy from the cat videos we encounter every few swipes, spending that much time on social media is bad. Try turning off the Wifi a certain times of the day to get started.
4. “Learn a new skill/hobby” – That old classical guitar sitting in your living room won’t come to you and teach you how to play it. Pick it up and ask Kuya to teach you how to play.
5. “Save money” – Looking forward to your dream house for a long time? You’ve probably had this on your list for years. There are many money saving tricks and hacks online. Try it all and find out what works for you!
There you have it. May you have a wonderful 2018. Share your New Years’ resolutions with us at facebook.com/KuyaJResto.